Nuts toasted in a large skillet coated with butter, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and spices.
Spicy and sweet nuts are ridiculously easy, gluten free, and make a great gift.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 8 oz nuts, about 1 cup
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Pinch of ground white pepper and ground chipotle pepper (optional)
- Pre-heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Mix all ingredients except nuts and butter in small bowl
- Toast nuts, stirring constantly until fragrant. 2-5 minutes, use your nose, but don’t let them turn dark brown or burn.
Remove nuts from skillet and set aside
- Melt butter in skillet
- Add spices and nuts back to the skillet and stir until nuts are covered in butter and seasoning mixture
- Continue to stir nut mixture over medium/low heat 3-5 minutes until nuts don’t appear wet.
- Remove from skillet and cool nuts on a baking sheet or parchment paper.
Keywords: Glazed nuts, pecan, seasoned nuts, walnuts, gluten free snack