Monster cookies are an easy way to feed a crowd, Or even a great breakfast alternative if you are ok with cookies for breakfast. This recipe makes a very large batch of large cookies – but your cookies will depend on how big you make them. If you make smaller cookies, you may need to reduce the cook time.
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 2 c white sugar
- 2 1/2 c peanut butter ( I use skippy smooth natural)
- 1/3 c Karo syrup
- 1 T +1 tsp baking soda
- 9 c rolled oats ( not instant)
- 1/2 lb m&ms
- 1/2 lb semi sweet m&ms
- Pre heat oven to 350F
- In a very large mixing bowl Cream together eggs and sugar and peanut butter. Add karo syrup and baking soda.
- Add m&ms Stir in oats several cups at a time – you
- Place on greased, or parchment lined baking sheet in large spoonfuls ( I use an ice cream scoop) then flaten slightly with damp fingers or spatula.
- Bake for 12 -15 minutes (see note for tips)
- Allow cookies to cook 30 seconds 1 minute on the baking sheet so they will easily come off the sheet. Transfer to cooling rack and enjoy!
If you want chewy cookies, They do not look golden brown when taken out of the oven. It always takes a bit of faith on my part to pull the. Out of the oven at that point. if you want crunchy cookies wait until the tops are golden brown
- Category: Desert / Snack