Delicious Gluten Free Banana Pancakes come together quickly using only one type of gluten free flour. Spices and melted butter give this stack of pancakes a flavor reminiscent of banana bread.
- 2 bananas, Mashed (ripe is best)
- 2 T Butter, Melted (optional)
- 3/4 c milk
- 1c Rice Flour
- 2 t Baking powder
- 3 T brown sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- Additional butter or coconut oil for greasing griddle (See notes)
- Preheat griddle, If using an electric griddle set temperature to 350
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash bananas, add milk and butter then stir to combine.
- Add rice flour, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract and mix to combine. The batter will be a bit lumpy from the bananas.
- Grease griddle. I prefer a coconut oil spray, but melting butter works well too.
- add batter to the griddle using about 1/3 cup batter per pancake.
- Cook about 2 minutes or until bubbles form and stay open then flip.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pancake toppings. I like maple syrup
Grease your griddle with butter if you want a richer tasting pancake. Use coconut oil if you want a crispier exterior.
The butter can be left out but may require additional milk for the correct consistency
Use very ripe bananas for the best flavor – I like the spotted “appaloosa” bananas.
Keywords: Gluten Free Banana Pancakes